I read the whole book yesterday in a few hours. They changed the size of the book. It's a little bigger in size(not pages) than the first 3 LE books. After I finished the book I had to get out my atlas and find Belize. It's in Central America just south of Mexico. I thought maybe it was in South America. Another educational opportunity thanks to American Girl!

I wish they had more everyday clothes for Jess. She nearly always wears shorts and I didn't see the long skirt anywhere in the illustrations(but I did see the top).

I don't like the butterfly camera necklace-it doesn't look anything like a usable camera. And because she is supposed to be e-mailing the pics back home it should look like a digital camera.
[img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

OK, from the story(not giving too much away), these are the things that should have been made for her collection that wasn't:

realistic Spider monkey(the one in her collection now is supposed to be a toy).
baby Parrot
tropical bird guide
flashlight
tent
hat(to shade her face from the hot sun)
ancient Mayan-looking pots
screen and shovel
laptop(maybe an updated one from Lindsey's)
Jeep(I know that's a stretch but Felicity got a carriage, didn't she)
her dad's guitar
fryjacks and other foods mentioned
Spanish tranlator book/dictionary

<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ December 27, 2005 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Katie from IL ]</font></font>

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 27, 2005 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Katie from IL ]</font>